About Carolina Nutrition Consultants, Inc.
Making a difference in Your Health for good!
Carolina Nutrition Consultants is a leading provider of nutrition and food service operations consulting to the healthcare and hospitality industries.
Our experts specialize in nutrition and dining solutions for all populations and individuals of all ages. Serving the Carolinas and surrounding states for over 25 years!
Our partnerships originated with long-term care communities.
Today our client base has expanded to include assisted living communities, hospice houses, group homes, dialysis centers, corporations, and restaurants.
The Nutrition Center at Carolina Nutrition Consultants offers comprehensive health and wellness services to medical providers, corporations, universities, and individuals looking for a nutrition coach and personal trainer.
Edna Cox Rice founded Carolina Nutrition Consultants in 1989. It was her vision to develop a team with expertise in long-term care as well as corporate wellness, medical nutrition therapy counseling, fitness, and personal training. Edna is a well-known Nutrition and fitness expert, trainer and instructor. Edna is a sought-after speaker at professional state and national meetings. Her approach is to translate her passion and enthusiasm for nutrition and fitness into solutions customized to meet the needs of organizations or individuals of all ages. Her philosophy is to design nutrition, and dining solutions that make eating healthy and living fit easy and fun for all clients! Nutrition makes a difference in your health For Good!
- Degree in Human Nutrition and Dietetics, Winthrop University, Rock Hill, South Carolina.
- Graduate Assistant, completing graduate work and special projects at the Department of Nutrition, Food and Exercise Sciences, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida.
- Has worked in the nutrition and food industry for over 30 years.
- Founded Carolina Nutrition Consultants, Inc. in 1989 and has grown the team to include 30+ Registered Dietitians Nutritionists, Registered Dietetic Technicians, and Certified Dietary Managers. The company offers a complete line of consulting and menu services to a variety of health care communities and corporations throughout the Southeast.
- Achieved Certification as a Specialist in Gerontological Nutrition and is working towards a new certification in Culinary Medicine.
- Serves on many local, state, and national association boards.
- Serves as the current Nominating Chair for Dietitians in Health Care Communities, a National Practice Group of The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Appointed by the governor to the South Carolina Ethics and Licensure Panel for Dietetics.
- Frequent presenter state wide and nationally.
- Has written and / or contributed to numerous articles and other publications.
Honors and Awards:
- Recognized Young Dietitian of the Year, South Carolina Dietetics Association
- Distinguished Member Award, Dietitians in Health Care Centers, a National Practice Group of The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Dietitian of the Year Award, South Carolina Association of Nutrition and Foodservice Professionals
- 2015 Recipient of the Model of Commitment of Excellence and Leadership, National Association of Nutrition and Foodservice Professionals