Keep your summertime grilling light and healthy with this simple, classic marinade.
It pairs perfectly with chicken, duck, beef or lamb. For a greater intensity, try using a full-bodied red, such as Shiraz or Zinfandel. For a more delicate flavor, use a lighter red, such as Pinot Noir or Burgundy.
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 3-inch strips orange zest
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red currant jelly
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Combine wine, onion, orange zest, rosemary, jelly, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour the marinade into a shallow baking dish or 1-gallon sealable plastic bag for marinating 1 to 2 pounds (4 to 8 servings) of your chosen protein.
- Nutrition information
- Serving Size: 2 teaspoons
- Per serving: 8 calories; 0 g fat(0 g sat); 0 g fiber; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 mcg folate; 0 mg cholesterol; 0 g sugars; 1 g added sugars; 3 IU vitamin A; 0 mg vitamin C; 1 mg calcium; 0 mg iron; 16 mg sodium; 12 mg potassium
Edna Cox Rice, Founder of Carolina Nutrition Consultants, is a well-known Nutrition and Fitness Expert in Lexington, SC. Edna shares reliable and practical advice on how to incorporate healthier food and smarter lifestyle choices for a healthier YOU.
We’re Passionate About Your Health!
http://cnconweb.com – Toll Free: (888) 765-DIET