From the word go, fall is the season that seems provide a plethora of reasons to eat badly.
It starts near Labor Day and goes right on past to New Years. Typically, during this time of year, our eating habits include foods and drinks that are so delicious, yet carry negative effects.
So how does someone enjoy the holidays and still fit in their clothes that they wore during pre-season? Below are 10 tips to help you reach that goal without moving to the next waist size.
- First things first, don’t even think about dieting during the holiday season. That is, don’t start a new diet. Your biggest goal during our most favorite season is to maintain your weight. This way you can partake in your favorite beverage and snacks without any guilt.
- Another good way to avoid packing on the pudge is to stay seated, and far away from the food table.
- Something simple and delicious. Bring a light dip with either multigrain or wheat bread, so you have something that is somewhat healthy to munch on.
- Watch which beverage you choose this time of year. If you must have a mixed drink, try something like a clear liquor and diet soda, light or ultra-light beer, or a nice glass of wine.
- Good or bad, holiday gatherings tend to be lengthy, use this to your advantage, and take part in the eating and drinking at a slow pace. The slower your intake, the better chance you will fit in those size 38’s come spring time.
- Chase the kids, or take a walk, whatever it is, make sure you keep up with some type of activity other than couch coaching, and channel surfing. Winter time is hard enough for many people with the cold and darkness so some activity will help you gain or maintain physical and mental acuity.
- Eat at home before going to a party. This should help prevent a complete submersion into the food and drinks. You will feel much better knowing you don’t have to drive home with your pants unbuttoned, either because of pressure or an untimely stomach pain.
- Eat some chicken wings, not the entire chicken. I think that’s clear, and best of all it applies to all food!
- If you have the chance to host a gathering, stack the odds on your side by putting veggies, and light snacks out rather than the pizza and wings. As long as the drinks are cold, and the food crunches, we are in heaven.
- This rule applies all year long. Stay far and away from fast food joints. It may seem like a good idea while you’re out shopping, but your body will love you so much more if you drive by.
Edna Cox Rice, Founder of Carolina Nutrition Consultants, is a well-known Nutrition and Fitness Expert in Lexington, SC. Edna shares reliable and practical advice on how to incorporate healthier food and smarter lifestyle choices for a healthier YOU.
We’re Passionate About Your Health!
http://cnconweb.com – Toll Free: (888) 765-DIET