You would never guess that egg substitute is used in this fun variation on the classic frittata. We loaded it with fresh asparagus and onion to make this a favorite heart-healthy breakfast.
- 1-1/2 cups Egg Beaters® Original (1-1/2 cups = 12 oz)
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese (1/2 cup = 2 oz)
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 10 fresh asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped
- Preheat broiler. Mix Egg Beaters, cheese and milk in medium bowl until well blended; set aside.
- Spray medium skillet with ovenproof handle with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add asparagus, onions, salt, and pepper; cook and stir 3 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add tomatoes; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add Egg Beaters mixture. Reduce heat to low; cover skillet with a lid. Cook 12 minutes, or until the bottom of frittata is set, but the top is still slightly moist. Remove lid from skillet.
- Place skillet under the broiler. Broil 2 minutes, or until top is set but not browned. Cut into 4 wedges to serve.
- NUTRITION INFORMATION
- Calories: 111 calories
- Total Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Sodium: 355mg
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 16g
Edna Cox Rice, Founder of Carolina Nutrition Consultants, is a well-known Nutrition and Fitness Expert in Lexington, SC. Edna shares reliable and practical advice on how to incorporate healthier food and smarter lifestyle choices for a healthier YOU.
We’re Passionate About Your Health!
http://cnconweb.com – Toll Free: (888) 765-DIET