Add the heart healthy benefits of roasted beets to your next party. This recipe couldn’t be easier. Toss a few ingredients into the food processor, spoon into a pretty bowl and serve!
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added chickpeas, rinsed
- 8 ounces roasted beets, coarsely chopped and patted dry
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Combine chickpeas, beets, tahini, oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin and salt in a food processor. Puree until very smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with sliced vegetables.
- Nutritional Information
- Serving size: ¼ cup
- Per serving: 133 calories; 10 g fat(1 g sat); 2 g fiber; 10 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 36 mcg folate; 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 19 IU vitamin A; 4 mg vitamin C; 25 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 190 mg sodium; 132 mg potassium
Edna Cox Rice, Founder of Carolina Nutrition Consultants, is a well-known Nutrition and Fitness Expert in Lexington, SC. Edna shares reliable and practical advice on how to incorporate healthier food and smarter lifestyle choices for a healthier YOU.
We’re Passionate About Your Health!
http://cnconweb.com – Toll Free: (888) 765-DIET