This salad is a kaleidoscope of color and taste – black beans, yellow corn, green peppers, and red, red tomatoes. Lime juice, garlic, and jalapeno give it some punch.
- 15.5 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 9 oz cooked corn, fresh or frozen (thawed if frozen)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 1/2 – 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh minced cilantro (or more to taste)
- salt and fresh pepper
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1 diced jalapeno (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine beans, corn, tomato, onion, scallion, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice to taste and stir in olive oil.
- Marinate in the refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Add avocado just before serving.
- NUTRITION INFORMATION
- Calories: 79.5 calories
- Total Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 127mg
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 3g
Edna Cox Rice, Founder of Carolina Nutrition Consultants, is a well-known Nutrition and Fitness Expert in Lexington, SC. Edna shares reliable and practical advice on how to incorporate healthier food and smarter lifestyle choices for a healthier YOU.
We’re Passionate About Your Health!
http://cnconweb.com – Toll Free: (888) 765-DIET