Tuck one of the energy bars in your pocket, put on your sneakers and head outside and enjoy the colder temperature of fall. This super easy energy bar recipe will be a big hit will all your family.
- 1 cup lightly salted dry-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup crispy brown rice cereal
- ½ cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking rolled oats
- ⅓ cup raw pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 6 dried apricots, diced
- 3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons brown rice syrup or light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line the bottom and sides of an 8-inch-square baking pan with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Combine peanuts, rice cereal, oats, pumpkin (or sunflower) seeds, blueberries, apricots and chocolate chips in a large bowl. Drizzle with syrup and gently stir until thoroughly combined.
- Spread in the prepared baking pan. Coat another piece of foil with cooking spray and place on the bar mixture, sprayed-side down. Place another pan on top and press firmly to compress the mixture. (Pressing before baking helps the bars hold together after baking.) Remove top pan and foil.
- Bake until just beginning to turn golden at the edges, 20 to 24 minutes (metal pan) or 30 to 35 minutes (glass pan). Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully lift the baked square out of the pan by holding the edges of the foil and place on a cutting board, leaving the foil underneath. Cut in half, then cut each half crosswise into 6 bars. Let cool thoroughly before lifting the bars off the foil.
- Make Ahead Tip: Store airtight between sheets of wax paper for up to 1 week. Or individually wrap in plastic and freeze.
- Nutrition information
- Serving size: 1 bar
- Per serving: 168 calories; 9 g fat(2 g sat); 2 g fiber; 19 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 22 mcg folate; 0 mg cholesterol; 9 g sugars; 6 g added sugars; 64 IU vitamin A; 0 mg vitamin C; 15 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 28 mg sodium; 202 mg potassium
Edna Cox Rice, Founder of Carolina Nutrition Consultants, is a well-known Nutrition and Fitness Expert in Lexington, SC. Edna shares reliable and practical advice on how to incorporate healthier food and smarter lifestyle choices for a healthier YOU.
We’re Passionate About Your Health!
http://cnconweb.com – Toll Free: (888) 765-DIET