It might not sound like the hummus you are accustomed to, but peanut butter hummus is fantastic. We actually prefer hummus made with peanut butter over the traditional ingredient tahini. Its nutty flavor adds just the right amount of flavor to the ground chickpeas. It almost makes you think you are having a treat instead of a healthy snack.
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 7 tablespoons water
- Place peanut butter in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 20 seconds. Combine peanut butter and next 7 ingredients (through garlic) in a food processor. With the food processor running, slowly drizzle in water; process until smooth.
- Nutritional Information
- Calories 93
- Fat 6.3g
- Satfat 1g
- Monofat 3.5g
- Polyfat 1.2g
- Protein 3.1g
- Carbohydrate 7.1g
- Fiber 1.7g
- Cholesterol 0.0mg
- Iron 0.5mg
- Sodium 194mg
- Calcium 14mg
Edna Cox Rice, Founder of Carolina Nutrition Consultants, is a well-known Nutrition and Fitness Expert in Lexington, SC. Edna shares reliable and practical advice on how to incorporate healthier food and smarter lifestyle choices for a healthier YOU.
We’re Passionate About Your Health!
http://cnconweb.com – Toll Free: (888) 765-DIET