It’s not Thanksgiving without adding warm spices and the robust flavor of cranberries and apples. Paired with turkey or pork, it’s the perfect side dish for any holiday meal. Add chunky apples, and these two fruits work great together.
- 1 (12-oz.) pkg. fresh cranberries, divided
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons apple cider
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Reserve 1/2 cup cranberries. Place the remaining cranberries and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium-low. Add apple cider, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg to cranberries and sugar in pan; cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Stir in apple and vinegar. Cook 8 minutes. Stir in reserved cranberries, salt, and pepper.
- Nutritional Information
- Calories 85
- Fat 0.1g
- Carbohydrate 22g
- Fiber 2g
- Cholesterol 0.0mg
- Sodium 125mg
- Calcium 19mg
- Sugars 17g
Edna Cox Rice, Founder of Carolina Nutrition Consultants, is a well-known Nutrition and Fitness Expert in Lexington, SC. Edna shares reliable and practical advice on how to incorporate healthier food and smarter lifestyle choices for a healthier YOU.
We’re Passionate About Your Health!
http://cnconweb.com – Toll Free: (888) 765-DIET