National Nutrition Month®
You hold in your hand the one tool to be reminded that every bite counts.
Everything you eat and drink matters and is often the key to changing your eating habits and improving your health.
There’s no better time to start than this month as we celebrate National Nutrition Month®, an annual nutrition education campaign designed by the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics.
The campaign focuses on the importance of making informed food choices and developing sound eating and physical activity habits. Also, National Nutrition Month® promotes the Academy and its members to the public and the media as the most valuable and credible source of timely, scientifically-based food and nutrition information.
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day, also celebrated in March, increases awareness of registered dietitian nutritionists as the indispensable providers of food and nutrition services and recognizes RDNs for their commitment to helping people enjoy healthy lives.
Here are some key points to think about for National Nutrition Month® from the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics:
- Create an eating style that includes a variety of your favorite, healthful foods.
- Practice cooking more at home and experiment with healthier ingredients.
- How much we eat is as important as what we eat
- Find activities that you enjoy and be physically active most days of the week.
- Manage your weight or lower your health risks by consulting a registered dietitian nutritionist. RDNs can provide sound, easy-to-follow personalized nutrition advice to meet your lifestyle, preferences and health-related needs.
We know that any change to your diet and lifestyle can be overwhelming. So, we want to challenge you to make just one small change this month.
The next time you go grocery shopping browse through the produce section looking for new fruits and vegetables you’ve never tried. Don’t be shy, the Internet is filled with healthy recipes for that out of the ordinary produce. Eating should be fun, delicious and healthy.
Our motto is: Don’t be shy – Give it a try!
Here are a couple recipes for those out of the ordinary fruits and vegetables just waiting for you to try:
Edna Cox Rice, Founder of Carolina Nutrition Consultants, is a well-known Nutrition and Fitness Expert in Lexington, SC. Edna shares reliable and practical advice on how to incorporate healthier food and smarter lifestyle choices for a healthier YOU.
We’re Passionate About Your Health!
http://cnconweb.com – Toll Free: (888) 765-DIET