Beat the summer heat with these delicious fruit infused water recipes.
The perfect way to stay hydrated without adding excess calories, sugar, and artificial flavorings.
- Wash all produce and herbs before using
- Use cold or room temperature filtered water
- Mix in glass containers or fruit infusing pitchers or bottles
- Choose softer fruits like citrus and strawberries
- Crush or tear herbs to release their flavors
- Infuse water at room temperature for 2 hours, then store in refrigerator
- If you don’t drink within 24 hours, strain out the solids and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- The longer it sits, the more flavorful it will be. Some fruits or herbs will infuse more quickly than others. Citrus is pretty instant, but herbs may take a little longer.
Here are some of our favorite combinations to get you started:
- Cucumber, lime, strawberry, mint
- Lemon, raspberry, rosemary
- Orange, blueberry, basil
- Lime, ginger root, basil
- Watermelon, honeydew, mint
- Cucumber, mint, jalapeno
- Lemon, thyme
- Orange, hibiscus, star anise
- Orange, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves
- Pear, fennel
Infused water contains so much flavor you won’t even miss all the extra sugar traditional fruit juices have. A great way to add variety to your daily water intake.
Edna Cox Rice, Founder of Carolina Nutrition Consultants, is a well-known Nutrition and Fitness Expert in Lexington, SC. Edna shares reliable and practical advice on how to incorporate healthier food and smarter lifestyle choices for a healthier YOU.
We’re Passionate About Your Health!
http://cnconweb.com – Toll Free: (888) 765-DIET