From sweet to tangy to extra spicy, salsa is the talk of the town for healthy eating. It’s an easy way to add a punch of flavor to any meal.
By adding a combination of chopped vegetables, fruits and herbs there are a ton of variations you can choose from. Here are a few ideas, but feel free to get creative and try your own combination.
- Tomato salsa: Combine chopped plum tomatoes, onions, canned green chiles, cilantro and lime juice. Add red pepper flakes or hot sauce for more kick.
- Pineapple or mango salsa: Combine chopped, fresh or canned pineapple or mango with cilantro, lime juice, and minced garlic.
- Black bean salsa: Combine canned, drained and rinsed black beans with chopped tomato and onion, cilantro, jalapeño and red wine vinegar.
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup chopped watermelon
- 1 cup chopped honeydew
- ½ cup chopped English cucumber
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp finely chopped mint
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- Juice from 1 lime
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- In a medium bowl, stir together tomato, watermelon, honeydew, cucumber, onion, mint, and cilantro. Add lime juice, salt, and cayenne and stir well.
- Nutritional Information
- 48 calories, 1g protein, 0g total fat, 0mg cholesterol, 11 g carb, 6 g sugar, 2g fiber, 52mg sodium
We’re Passionate About Your Health!
http://cnconweb.com – Toll Free: (888) 765-DIET